Key Facts About Canada | AZE STUDYApril 26, 2020
Splendid Facts About VietnamApril 26, 2020
Ravishing Facts About Thailand
Here are some Ravishing Facts About Thailand
- Bankok is the Capital of Thailand.
- The Old Name of Thailand was SIAM.
- Thailand is the only country in South-East Asia that has never been colonised under European power.
- The first known Siamese twins were born in Thailand.
- Every year there is a festival dedicated entirely to monkeys in Thailand.
- Bangkok’s ceremonial name , ‘Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit. is world’s longest name.
- The official name of Thailand is the Kingdom of Thailand and it was formerly known as Siam.
- Thailand has a land border with 4 countries including Myanmar (formerly Burma), Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia.
Read Also: Splendid Facts About Vietnam
- Thailand has a population of 67 million people (67,448,120) as of July 2013.
- Bangkok is the largest city and the capital of Thailand.
- Thailand has over 1430 islands.
- Buddhism is the primary religion in Thailand. It is practised by about 95% of the population. There are many Buddhist temples and grand golden Buddhist statues.
- The official language is Thai.
- The national flower of Thailand is the orchid.
- Red Bull, the world-famous energy drink, has its roots in Thailand.
- Thailand loves its King and shows great respect for the monarchy. The well-known Hollywood movie. “The King and I” was never shown in Thai theaters. Because it was considered to be derogatory to the King.
- In Thailand, it is illegal to leave your house without underwear on.
- Thailand is the world’s largest exporter of rice.
- Thailand is a constitutional monarchy, much like England.
- Muay Thai boxing is known as “the art of eight limbs”.