What is DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021?
DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021 is open to international students from all over the world who want to chase higher education at the best German Universities for 2020-2021 academic year. These are fully funded scholarships for Master and PhD. The Scholarships provide, depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Well-trained specialists, who are networked with international partners, play a vital part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a superior future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD encourages the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the opportunity to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to attain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Music, Design
- Engineering Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
Between 1 and 3 years depending on the length of the chosen study program.
Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
You May Also Like
Turkey Scholarship Program – 2021
Study in the UK
Best Universities In The World 2020
Unless these expenditures are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may get the following additional benefits:
Monthly rent subsidy
Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English, German.
- Eligible Countries: All world Countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021?
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2021 for Masters and PhD in Germany please follow the following instructions:
Documents Required for DAAD Scholarship
- A hand-signed Motivation Letter with reference to current occupation, maximum of 2 pages
- A hand-signed CV. Please use the Europass specimen form: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- Academic letter/s of recommendation. The letters must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date.
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer. The letter must have a letterhead, a signature, and an office stamp and must be of recent date.
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and – if possible – a guarantee of reemployment.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts (certified translation if necessary)
- Certified copies of awarded academic degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Proof of language abilities:
- English – TOEFL or IELTS (Note: We only accept an academic TOEFL)
- German – necessary for the courses taught in German.
For Online Application
- Find suitable course of your interest.
- Apply to university offering that course.
- Find suitable DAAD Scholarship or Research Grant according to your study program.
- Register in the DAAD portal
- Request references
- The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be produced in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded. Please send the form by e-mail to your referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to you in a sealed envelope. In each case, please provide your referee with the application address thus enabling him/her to send the recommendation letter there direct.
- Applying online in the DAAD portal
- Download and complete the online application form
- Prepare application documents
- If needed, translate documents (unless they are already in German or English).
- Scan paper documents (except references) and save in PDF format. Please note that you can only upload PDF files to the portal.
- Upload the completed application form and the other application documents to the portal in PDF format. Translations, if applicable, should be uploaded together with the document issued in the original language.
- Submit the uploaded application documents online.
- Sending application documents by post
- References must be sent in the closed envelope to the application location.
For applicants from non-EU countries
Please remember to specify the particular contents of your postal shipment in the documents for the customs authorities, e.g. “Application for a scholarship with application of documents, a reference and a DVD with work samples (no commercial goods, no merchandise value, no insurable value)”.